Variation is one of the most important aspects of nutrition for a number of reasons. If you only eat eggs for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and broccoli burger patties for dinner, you will hardly be able to sustainably implement your diet change to a higher-protein and lower-carbohydrate diet peppered with a wide range of healthy fats.
So I'm always on the lookout for workout-friendly meal options that are easy to make and taste great. And this high protein pasta salad with Skyrella is one of my current favorites.
- 250 g red lentil pasta
- 1 g large red onion, finely chopped
- 200 g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 sundried tomato halves
- 180 g Parma ham (Prosciutto di Parma), roughly chopped
- 2 Skyrella (250g)
- 80 g arugula
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30g Parmesan, freshly grated
- Prepare the pasta according to the package insert. Then pour off the water in a sieve and rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Meanwhile, sauté the Parma ham in a skillet over medium-high until the edges are crispy (about 6-8 minutes). Then remove from the stove and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add the cooked fusilli, cherry tomatoes, red onion, sundried tomatoes, Parma ham, Sykrella, arugula, and basil. Then pour over the lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then mix everything well.
- Finally, sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the pasta salad and serve.
The complete bowl contains 192g protein, 107g carbohydrates (from lentils) and 70g fat. A complete bowl is about 5 servings. One serving contains 38g protein, 21g carbohydrates (from lentils) and 14g fat.
This high protein pasta salad with Skyrella has a high protein content, hardly any carbohydrates, is gluten-free and rich in important, healthy fats and a good portion of "plant".
This High Protein Pasta Salad with Skyrella makes an excellent dinner option for most, based on the macronutrient needs of the current status and goal.
Since the High Protein Pasta Salad with Skyrella is easy to prepare and store, you can make more and then take it to work for lunch the next day.
The red lentil pasta I use is available right here on Amazon .
The original recipe for this pasta salad, which we have modified here to suit the training, comes from ElleRepublic .
Picture: The High Protein Low Carb Pasta Salad with Skyrella.